Cream of Tomato Soup with Fresh Basil
- Preparation Time:20 minutes
- Serves: 4 à 8 Servings
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 L (4 cups) 5% M.F. or 10% M.F. Québon Ultra’crème cream
- 5 mL (1 c. à thé) d’origan frais, haché
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 ml (1 tsp) sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 750 ml (3 cups) fresh tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 796 ml/28 oz (1 package) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) fresh basil, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) 35% M.F. Québon Ultra’crème country-style cream
- In a saucepan, melt butter in oil over medium heat. Brown the onion and
garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add flour and stir 2 minutes
- Add the 35% or 10% cream, stirring continuously. Then add oregano, bay
leaves and sugar.
- Season and let simmer over low heat, stirring until thickened.
- Add tomatoes and let simmer 5 minutes at medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and remove bay leaves.
- Blend with an electric mixer and reheat if necessary.
- Add the fresh basil. Transfer to bowls and garnish with a drizzle of